It's a great way to PRAISE THE LORD !!!

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing PRAISES - James 5:13 I've set up this blog to record TESTIMONIALS that GLORIFY God's name and testify His GOODNESS and ABUNDANT BLESSINGS on His people! It's my PRAYER that these testimonials would edify, encourage and BLESS Christians and pre-believers from all over the world. All GLORY to the name of our SAVIOR and LORD JESUS CHRIST! The Lord bless you!

March 05, 2006

my worship experience with God today...

Today is saturday, and we usually have Cell group meeting in the afternoon from 4 to 7. I always look forward to attending cell group; coz there I find my good friends, sisters and brothers in Christ, and I always feel charged after the worship, the sharing of the Word, and the fellowship.

It was my turn to lead worship today. I thank God He's given me the desire to learn to play the guitar since I was a young girl. However I could not afford to take lesson then; and when I could afford the fee, I was too caught up with other stuff in life... Finally in year 2000, I made the decision to take up lessons, and while actively looking for a guitar instructor, a good friend and sister-in-Christ recommened her friend ... a full-time-musician churchmate of hers. I took a one year one-to-one lesson from JJ and I'd never regretted that move to pick up the guitar.

It's been such a wonderful experience to be able to play the instrument and worship God... Without it I could only sing acapella at home. With the music accompliment, it makes such a big difference! I'm really really grateful to be able to use my skill to do God's work, to lead worship, to bless others; because by so doing, I am also the blessed one! Thank you Jesus!!


As I was preparing for worship today, I prayed and asked God to take over... I knew I could not do a good job without Him. I've always felt I don't play the guitar well enough; I envy the way JJ, my guitar teacher play. He is very gifted!! But I know despite my poor skill, God will still bless me! I felt the relief feeling within me after I said the prayer; God released me of the pressure to play well. He assured me that His presence would be there to annoint the worship time, and in fact, God was already there ahead of us.

As I was picking the songs, the Lord reminded me of His power, His might and His greatness. He led me to pick the song "Great And Mighty Is He" - when I played and sang this old song, I felt strongly of the Lord greatness, and the reminder that He had indeed been a great God in my life.


Great and mighty is He

Great and mighty is He

Clothed in glory arrayed in splendor

Great and mighty is He (2x)


Let us lift His name on high

Celebrate His grace

For He has redeemed our lives

And He reigns on high


The song following this was "I Walk By Faith".
With such a wonderful God, how can we not walk by faith! He is always there before we step out of our house; before we start driving on the road; before we reach the office; before we face the day with challenges, difficulties, nasty people.... He is there already, ahead of us, laying the path for us, protecting us, blessing us, giving us favour. My favourite line is "If God is for us, tell me who can be against us?!!"

I walk by faith Each step by faith
To live by faith I put my trust in You
Every step I take Is a step of faith
No weapon formed against me Shall prosper
Every prayer I make Is a prayer of faith
If my God is for me
Tell me who can be against me!!


AMEN!!

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
If my God is for me, tell me who can be against me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home